Become a candidate
Every person running for office must:
- Be of major age on November 7, 2021
and, on September 1, 2021
- Be a Canadian citizen
- Not be under curatorship
- Not have been convicted of an offence constituting a corrupt electoral practice
- Have been domiciled within the territory of Montréal and, since at least March 1, 2021, within Québec, and have resided, continuously or not, within the territory of Montréal for at least 12 months on September 1, 2021
- have been the sole owner or co-owner of an immovable within the territory of Montréal since September 1, 2020, and have resided within that territory, continuously or not, for at least 12 months on September 1, 2021
- have been the sole occupant or co-occupant of a business establishment within the territory of Montréal since September 1, 2020, and have resided within that territory, continuously or not, for at least 12 months on September 1, 2021
Filing a nomination form
The information to be provided in support of a candidacy appears directly on the nomination form.
No cash amount or deposit is required to file a nomination.
Every nomination, as a candidate of an authorized party or an independent candidate, must be filed with the returning officer, accompanied by the required documents, between September 17 and October 1, 2021, by 4:30 p.m.
Any nomination papers received after this deadline will be automatically rejected, even if complete.
The nomination form (in French), the nomination form guideline (in French), the candidates’ manual (in French) and the 2021 General Election Sanitary Protocol aimed at preventing the spread of COVID-19 (June 29, 2021, in French) are available on this website.
For information on campaign financing, visit the Élections Québec website.
Contact the Returning Officer at:
155, rue Notre-Dame Est, rez-de-chaussée
Montréal (Québec) H2Y 1B5
514 872-VOTE (8683)