|Short description of position|
As assistant to the officer in charge of information and order (the Aide-PRIMO), you help the PRIMO make sure the vote takes place in compliance with the returning officer’s instructions and the Act. During voting hours, you greet voters and direct them to their polling stations. You ensure that only authorized persons are present and inform the PRIMO of any anomaly. At the request of your supervisor, you intervene with poll workers and other officials. Depending on the division of tasks, you might also act as chairperson of the identity verification panel.
|Your main responsibilities|
- Prepare the polling place for voting.
- Greet electors and candidates’ representatives and direct them to the correct polling station.
- Inform voters of the documents they need for identification.
- Rapidly locate information on forms and reference documents in order to properly direct voters.
- Facilitate traffic in the polling place and ensure full access.
- Control access to the polling place before and after voting hours.
- Gather and furnish any information to/from staff at the PRIMO’s request.
- Participate in handling election materials at the polling place.
- At the close of voting, assist the PRIMO with counting the ballots and recovering all voting materials.
- Ensure compliance with public health protocols to reduce the spread of COVID-10.
|Your skills and abilities|
- Ability to communicate with the public.
- Demonstrated tact and courtesy.
- Demonstrated good judgement.
- Ability to read and quickly understand information and instructions.
- Ability to work effectively in a team.
- Ability to work on your feet for long hours.
- Ability to express yourself in the second language.
- Be age 16 or over.
- Have a social insurance number.
- Successfully complete the Élections Montréal online training.
October 30th and 31st, 2021 :
- 405 $
- 432 $ also as chairperson of the identity verification panel.
November 6th et 7th, 2021 :
- 427,50 $
- 472 $ also as chairperson of the identity verification panel.
Your remuneration includes training and preparation.